Hictu - Terms of Service
By using the www.hictu.com web site (the "Service"), a service of Abbeynet SPA ("Abbeynet"), you accept the following terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”).
Main Features of the Service
Using the Service you can:
- provide presence information to your contacts.
- add contacts to your Hictu contact list by inserting their email addresses and issuing an authorization procedure.
- import contacts in your Hictu contact list from your email client address book.
- see the presence information provided by other Hictu users included in your contact list.
- display personal information to the contacts which inserted you in their contact lists after your explicit authorization.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to use the Service.
- You agree to keep your password secure and confidential.
- You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs under your nickname, password or account.
- You must not harass, intimidate or impersonate other Hictu users or use any information obtained from the Service in order to do so.
- The Service is only for your personal use. You are not allowed to use the Service for any commercial purposes.
- You agree not to engage in any illegal or unauthorized conduct (including but not limited to transmitting viruses or other harmful files) on or through the Service. You agree to comply with all local laws (including but not limited to those relating to copyright and other intellectual property rights) that may be applicable to you regarding acceptable online conduct and content.
- You are solely responsible for any data, nicknames, graphics, photos, profiles, links and any other content (the “Content”) that you submit and display on the Service. You may not submit and display on the Service any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary Content belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we consider in our sole discretion being unlawful, offensive, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violate any party's intellectual property rights or these Terms of Service. While Hictu prohibits such Content on the Service, you understand and agree that the Content posted on the Service by its users is not necessarily reviewed by Abbeynet and Abbeynet cannot be responsible for the Content.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Hictu harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) relating to any acts by you, including but not limited to any Content submitted by you, in connection with using the Service, resulting in claims against us by other users or third parties.
- You agree not to hack the Service.
- You agree not to engage in any conduct or statement which falsely implies any association between Abbeynet, the Service and yourself or other entity.
- You must not create, upload, email or otherwise make available any unsolicited commercial messages to any Hictu users.
- You can use the Service free of charge. You will, however, have to pay for any and all network data charges that may be incurred when you use the Service. To enable us to keep the Service free, you accept that we may display and send to you targeted advertisements on or through the Service. In the future, we may also offer you with premium service features and you will then have the option to decide whether to subscribe to and pay for such premium services. In addition to these Terms of Service, also additional purchase terms and conditions may apply to the subscription and payment of such premium services in which case those additional terms and conditions will be added to the Hictu web site.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service, and to refuse the Service to anyone, for any reason, with or without notice, at any time.
- The Service makes it possible to post messages hosted on the Service to outside web sites. This use is accepted. However, pages on other web sites which display data hosted on the Service must provide a link back to the www.hictu.com web site.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms of Service are declared void or unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary and replaced with a valid provision that best embodies the initial intent of these Terms and Conditions, so that these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Limitation of Liability
- The Service is made available to you for your convenience on an "as is" and "as available" basis. ABBEYNET DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, RELIABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OR THE CONTENTS OF THE SERVICE OR THE SOFTWARE. You understand that the Service is still beta version and may not perform with complete functionality, may be undergoing testing, may be inconsistently available, may have software "bugs" and may have other issues affecting availability and functionality. In addition to all other disclaimers and limitations of liability contained in these Terms of Service, you specifically agree that Abbeynet is not liable for any of the above issues.
- ABBEYNET SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR THE SOFTWARE, OR THE RESULTS OR THE CONTENTS THEREOF, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Service, or have any other disputes or claims with or against Hictu with respect to the Service or these Terms of Service, then your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
Modification of these Terms of Service
You understand that we are continuously developing the features and the functionality of the Service. Consequently, we also reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time in our sole discretion. You agree that such alteration shall be effective upon posting on the www.hictu.com web site and you will be bound to any alterations when you use the Service after such alteration is posted. It is therefore important that you review these Terms of Service regularly on the www.hictu.com web site to ensure you are updated regarding any alterations. Your sole remedy should you not agree with the altered Terms of Service shall be to close your account and to cease using the Service.